Following the public conference of 12 March 2013 on the evolution of the role of Data Protection Officers (DPO), a working meeting was organised on 13 June 2013 with a view to extend the reflection on this profession. This first exchanges highlighted many needs around Data Protection:
• A strong need to have in Luxembourg a platform in order to exchange ideas, good practices and experience ;
• The need for a dialogue and reaching a common position taking into account legal uncertainty and the gap between law and technology ;
• The creation of a national single point of contact with sufficient representation to discuss with local authorities and the legislator ;
• The need for awareness and training campaigns for data controllers and concerned parties, ;
• Following up on the European regulation.
At the end of this meeting, all attendees agreed to create a not-for-profit association.
APDL’s articles of association have been registred on 24 October 2013.
From left to right : Cyril Pierre-Beausse, Myriam Brunel, Michael Hofmann, Henri Damiani, Nathalie Sprauer, Romain Sabel, Tony Ristagno, Violaine Langlet, Arnaud Constant.
Missing : Isabelle Comhaire, Azedine Lamamra, Jean-Yves Mathieu